Thursday, June 3, 2010

puppies today

Well, they lost weight, I put them on dry and mostly dry food and some are not eating well but it is something they need to do. I am giving them chicken breasts with vitamins added, they seem to like that well enough. Since they are in the bigger pen they are not sleeping as well, more room so they run around and get each other up I guess. They also get a bit chilly I think because the heat is at the bed end. It is hard, on one hand they do have to get toughened up and they have to eat and drink without help and on the other hand, one wants to see them fatter. They are lively though, killing a plastic bag at this moment. I had just swept up the pen (which is in the living room) and went to get the dustpan when Baldy decided to run through it, spin back and slide through it. It was funny to watch!
It was cold enough last night that I fired up the woodstove, they really liked that, it got nice and toasty so they really didn't want to go to bed, too much fun fighting with each other and mom and sis. There are a couple who also think that if I am in sight I should be playing with htem. I feel guilty because I have to leave them when I go to work so I can be manipulated!
Patch and Baldy are in one of the crates right now with Spicy's favorite toy, one of those skinees things. I just tried to walk across the kitchen but I had 3 creatures hanging off my legs. Little and scrawny right now but pretty tough I reckon. When they trot they look like little windup toys but they run pretty fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment